Friday 14 September 2012

Recovery

So, I've had my knee op today. All went well and I'm back home now. I'm dying to get going on some of my fitness challenges but apparently it doesn't work like that! I've got to take it really easy for the next few days, just got a few exercises for circulation and then from Monday add a few more in for movement.

I'm seeing the physiotherapist next Friday and hopefully I'll be move on to some more exercises then. I want to get moving as soon as possible, really want to do the C25K and get working to get me down to that healthy BMI. I'm going to be good though and do what the doc and physio tell me which basically means sitting still until I've had the stitches out in two weeks time.

While I can't get going on any of the fitness challenges just yet, I suppose the whole sitting still thing gives me plenty of time to work on some of my other challenges. I've really caught the stitch bug again lately so that will keep me busy. The family tree cross stitch is coming along nicely and it's got me really motivated to do more research and see just how far back I can go. Hoping to get pre-1800 for one of my challenges.

Family Tree Cross Stitch so far
 
 I can't sew tonight as I've still got dressings on the back on my hand from where my drips went in. Can still make progress on my challenges though. I think maybe it will just be reading, I'm on my 8th book towards my target of reading my height in books at the moment and plenty of time to get stuck into it. I'm also thinking I'll play a bit of the free rice game tonight. So far I've donated 41,630 grains of rice to the World Food Programme through this website, only another 958,370 to go!
 
I've also go the ultimate comfort food to look forward to tonight as Dan's bought me more ice-cream. Haagen-Dazs of course, well I wouldn't want to miss the chance to move on with a challenge :-) It's Strawberry Cheesecake flavour tonight, yum!
 
I'm glad I've got these challenges to do as otherwise I think I'd go completely loopy over the next few days. Still can't wait to get started on the fitness ones but I suppose I'll just have to be patient - never been my strong point unfortunately.


No comments:

Post a Comment