Friday 7 September 2012

A Perfect Friday Night

It doesn't seem that long ago when my idea of a perfect Friday night would be getting all dolled up, doing a pub crawl, going clubbing and finishing with a kebab. Actually that still sounds pretty good but I've had a lovely night tonight without leaving the house or even having to get dressed! And I've made good progress on a couple of my challenges too :-)

I've basically spent the night slobbing in my PJs. I'm really into my cross stitch lately so I've been doing that most of the night. I'm stitching my family tree for one of my challenges and it's finally starting to feel like I'm getting there with it - even if I did have to spend an hour unpicking tonight!! I think I've got enough information to fill in on this design but if not another challenge of mine is to research my family tree to before 1800 so I'm sure I'll get there.

I might not have finished the night with a kebab but it is Friday so you've got to have a bit of a treat! And everyone knows that the number one comfort food is ice cream. I love the stuff! So eating every flavour of haagen dazs ice cream isn't going to be any great hardship really. The only challenge is going to be finding them all. I found a list of flavours and I made a start tonight with their mint leaves and chocolate flavour - YUM! :-)


So it's not been a party night but I've enjoyed myself, looking forward to more of the same. Well I have got another 25 flavours to try!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like my perfect night in! glad stitching is going well. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry, not done any for ages before this challenge but I'm really back into it now and it's keeping me busy while I'm off work x

      Delete