Sunday 5 August 2012

Mission 101 - What it is and why I'm doing it.

I'm currently off work with a knee injury. Been off a good few weeks now and getting bored. In fact, I'm going stir crazy. There are so many things I can't do and it's driving me mad. I'm spending my days sitting on the settee thinking of things I want to do but can't. I keep saying to myself "I'll do that once my knee's sorted".

My husband Dan has recently started running and has been writing a blog about it. Me being me, now Dan's got a blog I want one too! I realised I didn't actually have anything to blog about :-(

So I'm sat at home bored, feeling sorry for myself and wanting to blog when I saw my penpal Ella mentioning Mission 101 a lot on facebook. It sounded really interesting but I didn't really know much about it. After a quick google I found this website www.dayzeroproject.com and registered straight away. It seemed like a good way of making sure I do all those things I'm going to do once my knee is right and it'll give me something to blog about too!!!

Basically the idea is you set yourself 101 challenges and you have 1001 days to complete them. Sounds simple right! Well thats what I thought until I actually sat down to make my list. I soon realised that thinking of 101 challenges is a challenge in itself. I think I'm up to about 50 now. I'm trying to keep the balance between huge challenges that will take lots of time, organisation and money, smaller things that are more easily achieved but still a challenge, challenges that will help me, challenges that will help others and selfish challenges which are just things I want to do. I'm struggling now though so all sensible ish suggestions will be gratefully received. I'm not going to start my 1001 days or any of my challenges until my list is complete so I need inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. Jan, this is such a great idea. wishing you good luck for it.

    ReplyDelete