Saturday 11 August 2012

And we're off!!

Well after spending ages compiling my list, today was finally day one of my challenge. I've not got off to a bad start. According to the day zero website I've completed 1% so far. I've completed two tasks but I've got quite a few marked down as in progress. I'm really excited to get started on the rest.

I started off by writing my letter to myself to open at the end of the 1001 days. That was always going to be my first task.It just seemed to make sense to start by writing the letter and end the whole thing by reading it. It was a bit srange writing to myself nearly three years in the future, especially as I have no idea how I'll have gone on with all the challenges. Kept it positive though - by the time I'm reading that letter I WILL have completed all the challenges!


The other task I've completed is one that matters a bit more. I've signed up to become an organ donor. It's one of those things I've always meant to do but just never got around to. Stupid really once I realised how quick and easy it was, there really is no excuse for not having done it sooner. It only took about two minutes (if that).

According to their website you're more likely to need a transplant than to be a donor. You can sign up to by going to https://www.organdonation.nhs.uk/ukt/how_to_become_a_donor/registration/registration_form.asp

1 comment:

  1. Off to a good start then Jan, I think I might add those to my list of challenges too. Thank you for inspiring me to do a list!

    ReplyDelete