Tuesday 14 August 2012

Dotty's not daft!!

One of the challenges on my list is to do an IQ test. I'm convinced I'm actually a lot cleverer than a lot of people give me credit for. Just because I'm a little bit (ok a lot!) dizzy doesn't mean I'm thick!

To tick it off on my list I want to do a proper timed test organised by Mensa or something like that but as I was bored today I decided to have a mess about on some of the free IQ tests you can do online.

I scored an IQ of 127! Not quite a genius but pretty impressive I thought.  I decided to do a bit of research into what a 'good' IQ is and this is what I found


Lewis Terman (1916) developed the original notion of IQ and proposed this scale for classifying IQ scores:
Over 140 - Genius or near genius
120 - 140 - Very superior intelligence
110 - 119 - Superior intelligence
90 - 109 - Normal or average intelligence

So there you have it - Dotty's not daft!!! In fact I have very superior intelligence. Bit of brain training before I do my real test and I'll be up there with the Mensa crowd :-)
And next time you're thinking I'm a dizzy one, just remember it's my superior intelligence shining through!!!




2 comments:

  1. well done Janet, that's really good, might have to have a go at one too although i suspect i am somewhat average!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt it - all that beautiful crafting you do must require brain power x

    ReplyDelete