Monday 27 August 2012

Bank Holiday Weekend and Getting Things Done

So, it's bank holiday weekend, not really sure how that affects me as I'm off work anyway but it's been a nice chilling weekend with plenty of time to get things done.

I've been a real reading mood this weekend. I managed to finish Angela's Ashes yesterday and then read the entire screenplay of Looking for Eric in one sitting. I loved it! Can't believe I've still not seen the film, definitely one to add to the A-Z film challenge list. I started Still Thinking of You by Adele Parkes yesterday too and I'm about 200 pages into that one.



I've also spent a bit of time with my family tree cross stitch this weekend. I'm not the fastest stitcher in the world but I do enjoy it. This is the biggest project I've ever attempted though and when I look at the size of that fabric it does seem a little bit daunting. I've really enjoyed studying my family tree though and this will be a lovely way to display what I've found so I'm determined to finish it. Still LOADS to do though!


I'm feeling loads better about the A-Z film challenge. The first couple of films I watched were disappointing which put me off a bit. I saw Wallace and Grommit - Curse of the Were-rabbits this afternoon though and loved it. I've never seen any Wallace and Grommit before but now I want to watch them all. After reading Looking for Eric, that's gone on the list. I'm recording a film called Precious tonight and I've also borrowed The Help on dvd. I loved the book so I'm really looking forward to watching the film.
 
 
I've been doing more creative writing and planning ready for NaNoWriMo in November. I've also been trying to get organised and plan when I'm going to do some of my challenges that need a bit more organisation. Organisation or patience aren't exactly my strong points though - I just want to do everything NOW!!!


2 comments:

  1. Wallace an grommit are awesome, we tend to watch it whenever it's on you can never get tired of it. You are powering through the books. Was it a pic of your cross stitch as it didn't come out, But I'm glad you are getting stitching done too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I'll be watching it whenever its on now, can't believe I've missed out for so long.
      Yeah, the picture was my cross stitch, shame it didn't come out but I've not done much yet anyway. Hoping it will look better soon. Plan for today is stitching, films and lots and lots of coffee :-)

      Delete