Friday 2 November 2012

Jezza!!!! :-)

I love the Jeremy Kyle show. Yeah, I know it's rubbish but it is the ultimate in sick day tv. Get yourself all snuggled up on the settee, watch people putting all the private stuff out there for the world to see and suddenly you life doesn't seem so bad.

So when I added be in the audience for a tv show as a challenge, I was always kind of hoping it would be Jezza. I thought it would be difficult to get tickets for any show though so I'd decided I would just settle for whatever I could get. I could only really go at weekends or in school holidays so I suppose it would all depend on what they were filming when. Then late on Tuesday night my penpal Ella posted on twitter that the Jeremy Kyle show were looking for audience members for today. I sent a quick email, they phoned me back Wednesday and told me to come down this morning.

Because it was such short notice I didn't have anybody to go with. It worked well for me as it was half term but my mates couldn't get time off work that quick. I was gutted at first and felt like a bit of a billy but going on my own turned out to be a good thing. They give away more tickets than they have seats for some reason. They said it's because there are always some people who don't turn up and they like to have a full audience. Yellow tickets are high priority and more or less guaranteed a ticket and pink tickets are first come, first served. My ticket was pink....

Doors to the studios open at 10am. I got there about 9.20 and there was already quite a long queue. It was freezing and we seemed to be queueing forever. Eventually I got to the bottom of the stairs going into the studios and I heard a lot of moaning. The studios were full and they were turning people away. I was just about to set off back to the bus stop when a crew member came running down to where I was standing and asked me if I was on my own. When I said I was he said I could go in because there was one seat left. I did feel a bit sorry for the others (there were about 15 people in front of me) but I was well chuffed that I was getting to go in so I ran up the stairs and avoided all eye contact.

I always thought that working in television would be a pretty cool job but I've realised that really it is just a lot of hanging about. They only filmed two shows but we were there from 10am until 2.15pm. It was the usual mix of lie detectors and DNA tests.
  • I don't know who my baby's dad is, but I hope it's not you!
  • I moved 200 miles because I think my husband cheated.
  • Is my wife playing away while I'm working away?
  • Double DNA - Have I got a new daughter?
  • My daughter stole from me while I was having my leg amputated
  • My ex won't let me see my daughter.
There were some classic Jeremy Kyle moments in there. I think my favourite line was "I checked it on facebook and someone else is called it, so it's a real name". Oh dear!!!

I' not sure when the shows they filmed today are going to be shown. You'll just have to keep an eye out for me. Looks like I'll be on the telly though as I was sat next to one of the guest's dad in the audience and he had quite a lot to say.

In between each section Jeremy was much funnier than I thought he'd be. And to say he goes mad at his guests for swearing, he never stopped! Didn't get to meet him properly though and we weren't allowed to take photographs :-( In the break between the two shows they gave us Freddo's and on my way back from the toilet I met Graham. He was lovely, even if I was a little starstruck.

Anyway thanks Ella, for posting the info. I've had a really great day and completed another challenge. And now I'd better stop wittering and get back to writing my novel. Only one day into NaNoWriMo and I'm behind already :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment