Thursday 1 November 2012

Do Not Disturb - I'm Writing a Book!

Pinch, punch, first of the month. But not just any old month, it's the 1st of November which is also known as NaNoWriMo day one.

It seemed like a good idea at the time when I first signed up all those weeks ago but now I'm beginning to wonder what on earth I've let myself in for. 50,000 words in 30 days sounds like an awful lot. I tried to break it down to a daily word target which gets me to 1667 words a day. Still a lot but an easier number to get my head around. All I need now is a story. I've got a vague (very vague!!!) idea of what I'm going to write about but no idea how I'm gonna pad it out into a full blown novel.

Usually I love writing but today I'm really struggling to get started. The dog needs walking, the kitchen needs cleaning, I need to organise my wardrobes - everything is seeming more appealing now. I've become the queen of procrastination. I need to get going though as 1667 words a day aren't going to write themselves! I'm sure I'll be fine once I've done the first couple of paragraphs, starting is always the hardest part.

You can follow my progress through the month on the right. Green days are good, red days are bad. The darker the colour, the better/worse the day has been. Anyway enough wittering from me - I've got a book to write!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Sorry you're having a red day. Hope tomorrow is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I've done nothing so far today as I've been at Granada TV completing another challenge. Gonna sit down with a bru and big bowl of Haagan Dazs and get going now though. Got to admit I'm finding 50,000 words a bit daunting though :-)

      Delete