Sunday 7 October 2012

I'm an Ace Runner!!

I'm not being big-headed. I really don't think that after just a week of training I've become the next Mo Farrah or anything. In fact, although I'm enjoying it I still feel like I'm going to die when I get in from a run.

When I say I'm an ace money, what I actually mean is I'm running for Ace. I've just signed up to run in the FC United Minithon to raise money for The Ace Centre North. This is a charity that helps people with communication difficulties.

The ability to communicate is fundamental to a basic quality of life, yet for many people effective communication is difficult because of a physical impairment, language disorder or learning disability. We work with people of all ages who face just such challenges. Ace Centre North provides help and expertise in the field of Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) and Assistive Technology (AT).
 
 
The minithon takes place on 21st October. By that time I'll be about four weeks into my C25K running plan. It's a nine week plan so I might still find running the whole thing tricky. Even after four weeks though, I'm guessing I'll still be fitter than the average FC fan!! They do say run, walk or crawl round the course. I'm aiming to run as much of it as I can and possibly crawl the rest. It'll only be five weeks from when I had my knee operation so just getting round will be an achievement - I'm not too worried about my time.
 
I think doing the minithon will really help me with my C25K challenge as it's given me something to aim for that makes the training seem a bit more worthwhile. It's also stage one in my challenge to raise £1001 for charity. I've set myself a target of £100 raised in this event. You can sponsor me at my Just Giving page or in the old fashioned way by handing over some cash!!! :-)

1 comment: